Volunteering is a great way to share your talents and keep active. You'll make new friends and spend your time making an impact in the community.
Good Neighbours is supported by a large number of devoted and talented volunteers, and new ones are needed everyday in order to keep the Centre operational. Everybody has talents and skills that can be shared, and getting involved is easy.
- Call or email us to make an appointment for an interview
- Provide us with three references
- Choose a position you'd like to be involved in
As a volunteer, you may devote as much or as little time as you feel comfortable. Most of our positions are Monday - Friday, 9 am - 4 pm. Many shifts last three to four hours, but there is a great deal of flexibility in most areas. We have volunteers who prefer a regular shift once a week and others who volunteer casually based on their schedule. With over thirty different positions to choose from and our flexible scheduling you are sure to find a place to fit your availability.
Board of Directors & Committee Members
These volunteers meet regularly to discuss information and make decisions about the Centre's operations and governance.
These volunteers commit their time on a regular basis with supervision from staff or designated supervisors. These would include:
- Front desk reception
- Hobnobs Cafe
- Program leaders
- Administrative support
- Centre Maintenance Provider
- Newsletter Community Distributor
These volunteers help out at special events throughout the year or on an as-needed basis.
- Helping out with special events (teas, dinners, Craft Sales, Garage Sales, Fashion Show) planning setup, preparing & serving refreshments
- Folding, stuffing newsletter
- Ticket selling (Grey Cup)
- Room setup/cleanup